AKEPT in Brief
Higher Education Leadership Academy or Akademi Kepimpinan Pendidikan Tinggi (AKEPT) was established in January 2008 as Malaysia’s premier institution in developing and strenghtening higher education leaders.
This is one of the cores of the National Higher Education Strategic Plan (PSPTN) launched in 2007, and subsequently the Malaysia Education Blueprint (Higher Education) 2015-2025 which clearly states the need to develop current and future higher education leadership talents.
AKEPT envisions and provides training pathways for developing and sustaining leadership excellence in three main areas;
- Academic Leadership
- Institutional Leadership
- Strategic Leadership Research and Knowledge Building
AKEPT supports Higher Education Learning Institutions by providing training opportunities and best practices in developing excellence in leadership.
- To prevail as a center of excellence for Higher Education Leadership
- To provide effective learning and development programmes for Higher Education Leadership
- To develop nation's talent of higher education balanced leaders with the relevant knowledge, competencies and culture of excellence
- To establish high performance researched knowledge on Higher Education Leadership and organizational effectiveness
7 FOCUS AREAS OF AKEPT
- Chairman and Members of Board of Directors of Public and Private HEI’s
- Vice Chancellors
- Deans and Deputy Deans
- Directors of Academic Centers
- Heads of Departments
- Senior University Administrators
- Senior and Middle Management of Relevant Government Agencies
- Polytechnics and Community Colleges
- Relevant Stakeholders
- Young Emerging Academic Leaders